Thursday, February 12, 2009

2 billion

There is a voyeur in all of us. That's why reading other people's blog is fun. They let us in into their lives and we find comfort in the fact that we are not all that strange because there are people just like us out there.

It's naive to think that our problems are unique to us and happens only to us and that no one understands us.

This is what I want my kids at school to understand. Difference in decades and eras do not make too huge of a difference to me because most of the time, it's just about the chemicals in the brain. Not all the time, most of the time. Special cases will get special attention. Counseling, drugs, whatever...

However, all that clinical stuff aside, honestly, ten years from now, will the same teenage problems still bother you? Do you really think there is no light at the end of the tunnel? Come on, 2 billion people in the whole wide world and this problem of yours only happens to you and nobody else? Seriously...

Snap out of it.

Is this irony? I hated my teenage years. It was traumatic, to say the least (there's the DQ talking) and I wanted so much for it to end as soon as possible. Ten years later, here I am, neck deep in teenage problems, which will probably where I will be for the next two decades or so.


No comments: