Tuesday, February 24, 2009

kerana dirimu bergitu berharga

Kat U dulu aku berlakon teater as part of the coursework. The whole batch did, of course, berlakon dan di sebalik tabir apa bagai. I played Sir Toby in Shakespeare's Twelfth Night. I was going for the Jester's part, but I am glad I landed Sir Toby's part instead, because the jester in that play was no idiot. He was one, smart dude, with wonderful words of solemn wisdom. It was a tough part to play, man! And I don't envy Raha for getting that part. I think, I was great. When we watched a VCR tape produce by BBC of the same play, I realized we all got the costume, the hair, the energy, to perfection.

Oh, I also played a rapist who hanged himself in the end. I was good. I was so good, I impressed my friend's dad, who is a film director and he offered me a part in his tv drama.which I turned down, sebab budak gemok like me takkan jadi star in a local tv drama kan? Woh... demand!

No lah, kerja cikgu mana bleh buat kerja lain on the side, masa tu.

Menyesal taw?

The only thing aku tak suka about berlakon teater ni, kalau tak wat homework la kan, orang kata, nampak sangat la awak tu tak berapa bijak sangat. Her her her...

Sebagai contoh, satu-satunya kesilapan dalam dialog yangaku buat ialah, I mistook valour the fabric for valor the courage. And I mispronounced it during the actual play. And it was on tape. There forever for posterity.

So, mengambil contoh dari kesilapan saya inniew... untuk cik adik-cik adik cantey maneys yang bakal jadi model produk Lore@l kat tv tu, please lah, do your homework, senaklah, dengar korang keep saying the slogan wrongly.

Because You're Worth It...

Sebutan 'worth' yang betul is seperti berikut;

Gunakan bunyi 'th' nipis seperti dalam sebutan perkataan 'think' or 'thank' dan bukan yang tebal seperti dalam perkataan 'the' atau 'then'.

Gheti?

Sila buat semakan lanjut di laman sesawang ini


Harap cantik je, tapi benda mengong cam tu pun tak tau, tak anggun la, dey!

Dahlah kena tuduh racist lagi tu...

Baca artikel ini


Baik aku tido kan? Merepek je...

It's my party and I'd cry if I want to,
Cry if I want to,
CRY if I want to...

You would cry too,
If it happened to you....


7 comments:

Anatel Ameen said...

Dey...bergitu ke begitu? Hehehe...ko ni kucin neraka camtu pun leh lemah semangat...hubby aku terhibur dengan komen2 ko kat blog aku. Tadi pun dia baca komen kucin neraka tu...dia cakap...cepat jugak yus ni komen ek...Na baru je update tadi, kan? Aku jawab...well...kitorg memang camtu. Hahaha...

Tapi kan Yus, aku lagi suka ko kat dalam citer Macbeth tu....best giler! I enjoy Macbeth more than 12th Night. We really had fun that night...and furthermore...waktu tu aku tak kawan ko pun...ko dgn golongan elit dalam TESL...aku dengan bebudak kolej tun perak je...huhuhu

Anatel Ameen said...

hmm...membuatkan aku terasa nak dig out my album cari gambar2 lama n scan n post kat facebook je...best jugak, kan?

Those were the days my friend,
We thought they'd never end,
We sing and dance forever and a day,
We'd live the life we'd choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way

(Mary Hopkins - Those Were The Days, My Friend)

Narcissca Ariadne Alvarez said...

Aku memang lemah semangat kalau kena surprised macam tu. Dah la tu muka dia creepy giler. Thanks for reminding me that I am not totally invinsible, gittiew.

Ala, cakap kat Amin, aku cepat respond kalau aku rajin je... kalau aku malas atau depressed, ko tengok je tahun lepas... sikit je entry aku for the whole year. Besides, knowing that someone actually reads my silly entries and claim to enjoy it, makes all the difference.

Oh ye, aku lupa lak aku juga pernah jadi one of the witches. That was super fun. I actually got to use my god given talents... suara buluh betong. wergeheheheh... I enjoyed that one immensely too!

To be honest, even though they were great with me, I didn't really feel I belonged to the whole huge group you call the elites. I felt closer to Izah and the gang because they weren't haughty dato's spawns even though they are really well off themselves.

You and I, were seperated because of the courses we took. I was really glad Yan went and became the hysterical meroyan girl when she felt threatened by us becoming friends over the broken helmet visor. Remember? Before that we were pretty much preoccupied with our own stuff to realize that what good friends we'd be if we actually took some time to stop and stare. Cewah, memetik One Republic, gittiew...

I know you know I know you know... we're glad that it happened the way it did.

Narcissca Ariadne Alvarez said...

mesti tak banyak photo kita berdua or bertiga dengan ita.

the different majors we took masa kat U dulu just seperated us a lot la....

tapi kalau ada, kongsilah kat picasa ko. nak tengok and kenang kenang...

Narcissca Ariadne Alvarez said...

bergitu untuk menyetresskan bertapa berrrrrharganyalah diri mereka ittiew.

and lagipun sebenarnya typo tu.

ehek...

Anonymous said...

good morning ppl. I'm really into shoes and I was searching for that exact brand. The prices for the boots were approximately 220 dollars everwhere. But definitively I bring about this site selling them for half price. I absolutely like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy them. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.