Wednesday, October 24, 2007

streroids

Well, hey whaddayaknow?

I was feeling shitty this morning, just wishing I could just slump on the ground and get swallowed up and never come back. I was wheezing and coughing my way to school. Then there was school. It might have been the cough medication, but then, who knew, I felt disoriented. Really wished I was back in bed, all snug and comfortable under the covers.

Then I went to see Doctor Chong again this afternoon like he had instructed me to. He gave me another check up and another 20 minutes or so on the nebulizer thing. He also put me on steroids. I have never been on any kind of steroids before and I am pretty vague on what does steroid has to do with asthma. I can do some reading on that later on. But hey, I am on steroids and I am feeling better! Way better than I did on Monday.

I don't think I am gonna sprout a healthy moustache or balls for that matter. Or would I? That should be fun.... hur hur hur hur....

I am happy that I will be okay again soon. I hate turning up for work like a dead corspe. I hate scaring people at work with my DB look. Really. But then when you are feeling under the weather, I don't feel like making any effort to look good. Which is normal, don't you think? Anyhoo, that was this morning. I am glad I am getting better sooner than I thought I would because I will be flying to Miri on Monday and what scares me most is the part where I will be spending a lot of time in air-conditioned room. I love it when the ac is turned on the lowest temperature. Tapi semenjak kena semput ni, I am a little scared. That I might be spending the night coughing and wheezing again. Mengacau tidur my room mate pulak nanti.

I have been good. No iced water or any kind of iced beverage and I have been sleeping with the fan on the lowest setting as far away from the bed I could place it, oscillating.

I do hope this goes away very soon. I know sickness is God's way of cleansing one from little sins. I am grateful for that, but I do need to get back on track so I can do my job again and for once, I can answer my phone with a clear nose and not worry my mom any longer.

I don't think anyone likes seeing a pale ghost roaming the school corridors anyway.

p/s: J, I just miss reading your entries. Take your time, baybeh!

No comments: