Thursday, August 23, 2007

pussy

Back from Kuching.

The house is empty.

Heck. It's not like I have a family to greet me at the door every time I come home. And not like my housemates ever greeted me at the door.

I used to love having the house all to myself. When I was younger. I did have my old house all to myself and all the companion I had was my cat. He died 2 years ago. He is so used to me and my habits that he learned how to urinate in the toilet bowl.

There I was brushing my teeth before bed one night when he jumped onto the toilet bowl and started adjusting himself on the plastic seat in a sort of pained way as if he was preventing himself from falling backwards into the bowl. I didn't know what he was doing, until I finished brushing my teeth and peeked into the bowl to see the water in there tainted in yellow.

I never named him. I called him 'miaow'. That is not a proper name but whenever I said that and pat the side on my right thigh, he'll be bounding out of the bushed or anywhere he's been playing, run up the stairs and into the house.

Later on he learned to walk by my side to school. At the end of the day, I'd call him and pat my thigh and he'd come to me and we'd walk home from school.

He also doesn't know what he can do to a female cat. He humps my legs. And he prefers male cats. Yup, he's gay.

I don't know if that was because he spent his early years in the house with me and never socialize with the other cats, or it is just the course of nature. I am aware that there is homosexuality in the animal kingdom.

When I moved to this house, my new housemate had to give him a name because she has like...20 cats. Since he is always so serious looking and has stripes all over his body, we called him Tiger. I don't really like that name but I am not keen on giving names to anything. so I just has to be okay with that name.

He was the only cat allowed in the house, all the other cats sleep outside. Tiger is a house cat. He hate loud noises.

He died of what the vet thinks is FIV.

He was very quiet. Never demanding of my attention. But I can always count on him to be there for company. If only I am good with words, then there would be more I could use to describe him. But for now, I guess I will have to settle with this blog entry.

I miss him.







1 comment:

Anatel Ameen said...

Best kan ada kucing, Emok aku pun mati sbb FIV dan sekarang tinggal Kitty, anak-anak Kitty - Tot dan Pol (Siamese), dan Mix Persian kawan Amin kasi... Dino (my fav) and Enzo (Amin's fav). Ni lah anak-anak kami buat masa ini.