Sunday, September 16, 2007

weekend update

Before you start reading, this is going to be another boring, play-by-play entry. No one asked you to read it. Be warned.

For once, after the longest time, I won't be ranting about N. I hope.

I still haven't gotten around to doing Bella tag on me, simply because I have been thinkin' and thinkin' and thinkin' about it and although I have come up with a few things about me ... but they are hardly worth mentioning. Since sweet, sweet Bella is the one who is tagging me, I will do it. Very soon, I hope with me being such a procrastinator.

So how was your weekend? Mine was fun.

I was looking forward for the weekend, but I had nothing in mind. I stayed up all the way till 2.30 am Friday, so Saturday morning I woke up late. Yes, I am a lazy ass on weekends. I am hopeless! I am just a lazy ass, period.

Anyways, I asked Z if she would like to go to Sipitang for iftar. She said okay. Earlier she asked me what to cook for iftar. I thought about the food we have in the kitchen. Sufficient. But I was bored. It was laundry and napping and DVD's most part of Saturday(I got Love Story and watched it twice. It was tragic. But I think Ali McGraw was a little stiff. But they both did get the message across. I enjoyed it. Earlier, I watched Hot Fuzz. It was brilliantly funny. Sort of like Snatch). I thought it might be nice to go to Sipitang and I also asked Mimi to come along on text message. Mimi just woke up from a long nap. He had a 'sekolah ganti' earlier that day, he said he took a nap right after school and got carried away till I woke him with my text message. He hadn't cooked yet, so he agreed to come along. It's a half an hour trip to his school and another 20 minutes to Sipitang. Yes, Mimi is a man and that is only a nickname. He is a nice young man who likes to hang out with just about anyone, including the insufferable me.

By the time we got there, the Ramadhan Bazaar was already coming to a close, but we stopped by anyway to see if there are still a few morsels we can get for ourselves. Ada la a few. Then we went to a mamak restaurant because our usual restaurant is closed throughout Ramadhan. It was not bad, the mamak place. I had some vegetables and mutton or lamb curry which I loved. Then we ate and talked. Dilly dallying because we didn't really wanna go back so soon.

And then someone said, jokingly, "Why don't we go to KK tonight?"

That's an idea...

"That's gonna be the craziest thing we'd ever do," someone said.
"Yeah, but why not?"
"But we have only the clothes on our backs!"
"We can stop by somewhere for a t-shirt and toothbrush and all the other stuff."
....
"Really?"
....
"Are we doing this?"
"Hell, yeah!"

So we paid up and went to the supermarket right behind the restaurant. I got myself a nice warehouse rejects of J.C. Banks long sleeve and t shirt for the night, and the others got themselves some Old Navy rejects. Cheap. We never knew that the sad looking pile of clothes are actually GAP's and Old Navy's and the other stuff. Rejects of course, but they aren't that bad. And we also got panties. Then we got ourselves some toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorants, soap (I can't live without Dettol soap) facial foam and shampoo. Funny how they look all so cute in the plastic bag, cuz I got the small ones, I seldom do.

Then I drove us to KK. It was 8.30 when we left Sipitang and it is a three hour trip to KK, roughly. I took it easy cuz it rained heavily at some parts. I get a little scared driving in heavy rain due to the fact I langgared by brother's Honda with my sister's Wira the last time I was in KL. Uwa! Kesian they all. Merosakkan my accident -free record of five years of driving. All because of a stupid guy on a motorcycle without lights which came out of nowhere like a bat out of hell and my brother tried avoiding him, and I braked not wanting to hit my brother who was ahead of me, but then the car won't stop, instead, it went on sliding in the wet road in Puchong and BAM! I kissed my brother's Accord. My mom, sitting behind me screamed and I screamed at her ( I still don't know why). It was a mess. It rained and rained and rained. We stopped at the side of the road to assess the damage. It was really bad for my sister's car of course. And the next day I was supposed to fly back to KK. Sad or not?

Why didn't I swerve?Cuz the ac was not working and the windows were fogging up and when I looked left and right to see if there was any avenue of escape, I couldn't see anything, and in that split second, I thought, it was better to hit my brother's car than to hit some other people's car. Is that stupid or what? And all my brother said to me was, "Relax... " Man, if he was younger he would have snapped my head off right then and there. He has changed a lot! I helped settle the mess from my sister and my brother didn't ask me for anything, so that's how it was settled.

Anyway, that was why I find myself more cautious when I am driving in the rain. It doesn't really stop me kind of phobia, it just made me more careful.

Then abang N called. It was odd that he called me at that hour, close to 9pm. He'd already be asleep by 8 most nights. We said the usuals, I put him on loudspeaker cuz they wanted to hear his voice. They ooh'ed and aah'd when they heard his very deep manly and calm voice. Hahaha... These people are so funny. Then he asked me, where are you?

I half panicked.

I am so used to being independent and on my own most of the time, I forgot that I was in a relationship with someone. But I also think that it is due to the fact that I don't see going to KK on a whim in the middle of the night was a big deal. I don't see my doing that requires permission from anyone. I always tell my mom when I return, so she wouldn't worry. I am not saying that he should control my movements, but I understand that I should at least have told him, but at the same time, I didn't see it as a big deal. I always go to KK on a whim. I never go when I plan on going.

"Jangan marah... I am on my way to KK."
"Oh..."
"Marah ke?"
"Tidak..."
"Well, I have this membership I have never used. So I was gonna see if it is any good. And I am bored in Lawas..."
"I'm not bored..."
"Yeah, you in Kuching sana tu, boleh la berlagak nak kata tak bosan..."
"Hahahahaha..."
Blah blah blah... (The usual things we said, mundane essentials to keep the conversation going. Then we hung up.

I felt like I was cheating afterwards. But then Mimi said don't worry about it. When a man says he trusts you, he does and especially in his case. There is no need for further explanation because that is just going to complicate matters and make him have second thoughts about trust.

Later on I sent him a text message asking him if he has a gut feeling that I was doing something naughty tonight, I told him not to worry, because I was just restless and bored in Lawas. He said he trusts me and he loves me and asked me to take care. It's hard not to feel bad over a text like that from him. But as Mimi said, I should stop over-analyzing everything and worry my silly head of over nothing.

We got at the Sutera Harbour at 12, but the thing is, I can't use the membership in KK. What the fuck! So we went to another hotel. Checked in and then went out for sahur. Balik bilik dah kul 2.00am.

Showered, changed and watched TV and talked till we fell asleep.

The next day we checked out and went for a little window shopping and I bought a pair of new shoes. One thing I know about myself is that I am a little shoe crazy. That will be in my 'tag' entry later on.

Well, Mimi did most of the shopping, and Z too.

Then we drove home. Stopped by in Sipitang for iftar. Beli kuih muih di Bazaar Ramadhan and berhenti makan di kedai mamak yang sama the night before.

It rained after iftar. Dropped Mimi at his school quarters and went home. Once home, we unloaded the car. Oh, we got some petais on the way home, nak buat sambal udang esok untuk berbuka puasa. I haven't hadsambal petai for quite a while. My mom makes the best!

I went to my room and looked at the shoeboxes on top of my almari baju. They aren't all empty as it turned out. Some of them, I have only worn once or I have never worn them at all. I am shoe crazy, but I always wear my shoes until they are worn out and just throw them out, cuz I don't see the use of holding on to them. But now I realized I have 5 pairs of new or practically new shoes. Darn! No, I am not turning into a certain lady by the name of Imelda of course. But it surprised me that I still have shoes I never wore even once.

Anyway, mom called asking me if I got home safely. We talked some. Then I took photos of the shoes and I am gonna post em here. No, I don't have Manolo's and Jimmy Choo's cuz I can't afford them and I wear a size 9. The only shoe stores that can accommodate my big feet are Nose and Vincci. They're decent shoes and I have only broken one heel in the 5 years that I have been buying them.

I love love love heels. The higher the better. I love 4" high ones, but I wear them sparingly. Don't worry. I wear the 3" most of the time to work or for outings. I don't have anything in flats, so I opt for my black flip flops when I need to. And I also have hiker sandals cuz they are so damn comfortable when I don't feel like wearing heels. Now I am looking for a place where I can tempah high heeled boots. So if anyone of you out there knows any decent shoe maker who makes good high-heeled boots, tell me. I have a par of boots, but they are not like the ones I really really want.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I got these last year. Vincci. I wore 'em once and put 'em back in the box cuz it is covered in fabric and it stains so easily. And it is in Ivory. And I just forgot about them. I hardly wear white anyway.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I don't remember when I got these. Nose. Probably last year. Never came around to wearing them cuz they look too ladylike. Almost flimsy. But I have never worn 'em before, so I wouldn't know.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Got these earlier this year. Vincci. Love them for the high but thick heel. Very stable and very comfortable. 4" and green and metallic olive or gold. Not too sure. Love these.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Got these about three weeks ago with the polka dotted shoes I posted on a past entry. These Nose shoes have leopard prints on the strap. Nice but only 2" high... I don't have many of these in my past purchases. And I have not yet got around to wearing 'em. Not sure if it is comfortable or if I'd really like them cuz they are so low it would feel like just wearing flip flops. Why did I buy them? Cuz I got sort of sensible about shoes and thought about the damage that could be done by all the other heels I already have.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Got these today. Vincci 4" and thick heel. Very stable and comfortable too. I love em so much, I just put 'em on straight away. Most of the time, I would buy my shoes during sales, but these arejust hard for me to let go and wait for the sale, so I just got them straight away.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Wear these to work most of the time lately. Vincci Just 3" and comfortable, I can wear them all day.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Here they are in a bunch.


I am not too keen on buying and hoarding things. These, I just put in boxes and forgot about. I am not gonna go on a shoe buying spree (although that does sound very sweet, indeed) just so I can make another post about shoes. I just feel like doing this tonight, cuz I don't feel like sleeping yet and seeing them in their open boxes makes me feel warm and fuzzy. How shallow can anyone be? Miahahaha!

Now, how did my weekend update become a post about my shoes? I should get some sleep.

If you got to this point, it means you are either really bored and have nothing better to do or you are just a very attentive friend. Either way, thanks for reading.

I'm off to bed. Good night.







3 comments:

Anatel Ameen said...

Cantiknya kasut! I love the ivory one. Btw, esok dah nikah jgn lupa minta izin suami dulu kalau nak ke mana-mana tau! Jgn jadi mcm aku, 6 bulan pertama aku masih suka hati je nak ke mana-mana dari ofis. Skrg ni dah kurang sikit, tapi selalunya bila dah dalam kereta baru teringat nak minta izin. Hehehe...Asalkan tak buat perkara yang haram, insyaAllah dizinkan. Salam Ramadhan sahabat!

Belladonna said...

Wah, i like the green one. Siza 9 selalu ada kat kedai nok.. kami2 yang saiz kaki tipikal 5-7 kena berebut-rebut beli kasut. Hampeh!

Narcissca Ariadne Alvarez said...

J, Aku tetap tak mintak izin dia pergi mana-mana. Tapi dia macam tau-tau je aku nak pergi mana... bila aku keluar je, dia call. Tapi dia tak marah. Tapi yang tak bestnya tu, dia leterkan aku kata kebaikan bertarawikh di bulan Ramadhan. Mak malu lah.... hahaha....

Bella, aku pun suka hijua tu, and the other one that is somewhat similar in style with it. Size 9 tu pun, paling besar in the shops and usually out of stock sebab mereka tak ambil banyak. Dulu ada size 10 taw? Now dah takde. Tapi it seems now I can fit into size 9, so okay la sikit. Kalau tak, sedih la mak. Tapi kalau court shoes, tetap size 10, nyah.