Thursday, May 28, 2009

purity

I used to think that a girl in a hijab is protected from bad things. Things that are prohibited in the faith. But I had mistaken myself. The protection only comes from within; oneself. Being in a hijab does not make you invincible from temptations.

I am not saying that the hijabbed are hypocritical. But honestly, I don't think the people who are unwilling to give up the tight-fitting garment that they pair with the hijab to make up a so-called new Muslimah look, they better just not wear a hijab at all, because there is no use covering your head when you are virtually naked in the eyes of the faith. Prancing around in body-hugging and tight-fitting second-skin garments that you pair with a head covering is just plain wrong.

And to those covered girls who still have all the pre-marital sex they want to have, drink all they want and whatnots, take it off. Stop giving a bad name to those girls who does cover themselves up from the purity of their hearts. For God. Not for the sake of fashion.

W, if mom is worried that I am doing the hanky panky with Mimi, and talks about it with you, please tell her, not to worry. I am old enough to know better as it is.

Love you, miss you. See you again soon.

No comments: