Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Of last time I was home May-June.

End of May, we had a two-week long school break.
It was great.
I flew home to be with my family.
He promised that he would come when he can.

He couldn't.
All the way through the school break, he didn't come to KL.

That made me sad.

But at least I was home with my family and not left rotting all by myself here.

Then I had an accident.
Fell asleep at the traffic light and slammed my car into the back of the viva in front of me.

Was on the way back from visiting a family of my husband's.
We got to their place just fine.
But I felt super sleepy on the way back, so I wanted to find a safe place to stop and nap a little.

Nope. 
My eyes couldn't wait.

Spent the rest of the day dealing with it.
My sister came later in the evening all the way from KL to rescue us, with her friend, in her Honda City.
If I have 20k, I'd buy my sister one.

If I had money, she wouldn't have to worry about anything.

Spent the rest of my days in KL being home.
My daily routine was just waking up, send her to work in the car my brother lent us, come back, pick up the nasi lemak n bihun goreng I ordered from the makcik, get home, go back to sleep, wake up, have breakfast, stare at the wall, fall sleep again, wake up, shower, get dressed, pick her up from work.

The car was great. 
I miss driving my hilux as the hubster has been working away from home for months now. 
So the Estima was a luxurious substitute.
But the RM100 for a full tank of petrol and it didn't last that long for the amount of traveling to and from  my sister's work place was a bit of a hassle for a person like me, I was on a tight budget this time I was home.
It sucked.
I wish I could take my family somewhere and have a fancy dinner or travel somewhere.
I was not able to do that last time.
I am ok about being on a tight budget.
But it sucks when my being on a tight budget makes me a deadbeat. 
I couldn't even take my mom to the market and buy her the month's grocery like I sometimes do when   I come home for a long break.

Sucked.

Guess what?
Eid is coming up in August. 
There is another 2 weeks of school break.

We sure are having a lot of long breaks this year.




No comments: