Saturday, August 30, 2008

a birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. enjoy the trip. ~author unknown


It had never been a big deal in my family as I was growing up. We do remember everybody else's. We do celebrate it sometimes when we feel like it. However, most of the time, it passes with a simple wish from each of us in the family.

Today, even though I think my birthday is not too hard to miss, being right before Independence Day, it surprises me how many people actually remembered Even some parents sent me sms wishing me Happy Birthday. Old friends and students as well. For a person like me and my social ineptitude, it surprises me to see how warm people around me can be. I should take some time and take a closer look of the people around me.

So, today is my 32nd birthday. It means I am a year older, so even if this entry does not seem as enthusiastic as I should be for having lived this long on God's great earth, being surrounded by people who help me grow into the person I am today, going through experiences I will never trade for anything in the world, the fact is, I am.

Things I have learned so far...? A lot. I just can't think up of any at the moment. Maybe I will update this entry later when I am in the right mode.

Oh, one thing... I think too much and not necessarily of important or necessary things that would bring the world any good. I should stop doing that. And spend the time I do that with yoga and meditation. That would do a worl of good for my stress levels. Look at me, talking like I run the country.

No, I don't think you will learn anything from what I have learn. You will have to pave your own way through your life, dude because nothing in here is gonna help make your life any easier, if that is what you are looking for. I was talking about what I have learnt so far.

What does it look like, today on my birthday? We had sekolah ganti. There was some gotong-royong happening in the staffroom. Then there was the school canteen committee meeting. It was a rather interesting session. Then we went home. It started raining heavily around noon, and I had a really good nap, all cozy under the covers. It is still raining now, at 6.01pm. I love it when the weather is like this and I am spending the day at home. Just listening to the rain falling and the pattering on the window pane, wathcing the droplets slide down the glass and smelling the fresh smell of the earth it brings with it calms me.

Tomorrow is going to be our 51st year of independence. Happy Birthday Malaysia. And most importantly, Happy Birthday, Abang N. May we all have many more happy, active and prosperous years down the road.

So, Happpy 32nd Lynette. May I grow into a better,
more patient, passionate, sympathetic, empathic, understanding, but stronger and
more resilient person in the next steps I take in my life.

On my birthday...






No comments: