Friday, January 23, 2009

the other night

To me, dreams are just the way the brain rearrange the 'files' that we had used in the time that we spent awake because none of my dreams ever made any sense or an omen of bad things to come.

So that night I had a dream. I'd usually forget my dreams. They are seldom important to me, except when I have dreams about my family members. But that night it was a stupid dream that I remembered. Well, not like I have ever had a smart dream where I solve any of the problems faced by the world.

It was about an Arabic looking guy who spoke with the enthusiasm and gestures of an Italian and he spoke of his love for me and how he would be devoting his whole life worshipping me. For the people who knows me, they will know that I would be the last person to fall for the sweet nothings men would say just to get into my pants. Not like I have had anyone interested to be in my Xtra large pants anyway. Well, there might be an underlying things somwehere because in that dream, I let myself believe the crap he was throwing at me. Gosh.... you should see his face. Everything he said, spoken in earnest. He was relentless. I don't remember if I actually fell for it, or I did it out of pity, or I did it out of believing that people who seem like assholes sometimes do deserve second or third or tenth chance at making things right with their lives. So I packed up all my stuff into my car. As I was saying goodbye to my family, he stood by his V-r0d.... cewah. He rides a beat up V-r0d I tell you. He probably stole that too. I needed to go and do my number 1 (such a prude... can't say pee, meh?)so I went inside for a bit. I glanced at where he was waiting, wondering if I could trust him.

Boy, was I wrong. I came out, and my car was gone. Just the beat up dusty V-r0d was left. I asked a neighbor of mine who was standing close by if she had seen him drive away with my car and all my stuff in it. She said she did see hm do that.

So I stood there in the dust... wondering if I should just get on the V-r0d and go after him. I wouldn't know where he was headed. There are many routes leading our of my housing area. Or I can just go inside my home and wait. Oddly, I did the latter.

And oddly, he came back. And grovelled and pleaded and everything in between, asking me to forgive him and telling me he really wanted to do everything and go everywhere with me and he didn't know what got into him. But after just a few minutes he came to a decision that he couldn't live without me.

I don't remember what I said to him or did after that. And the funny thing was, I just remembered how he looked like. He looked exactly like the water nymph guy on that short film. No wonder I had a micro crush on him just seeing him swimming around with that mysterious self of his.

Like I said, this dream is not important. I just remembered how it was. I seldom dream and I forget most of them. But he is cute enough to make me think about him a few days after the case.

Aku kenyang makan spaghetti. Cemana nak tido ni?

No comments: