Thursday, November 1, 2007

bubur nasi

It is her 30th birthday today. And she was the one who called me on the phone earlier this evening. She is so thoughtful. And I am so thoughtless. :(

Thank you, Bella for the phone call. It was greatly appreciated, I assure you. I just felt guilty that I was not the one to call you first.

Hari ni, later on, after school, before we could all leave for the day, the school held the dress rehearsal for the Majlis Penyampaian Hadiah that is going to be held tomorrow morning. I feel left out, from the preparation sebab I had been away since Monday. Lagipun ever since I held this post, I have been put on the protocol committee. In short, just be there, be nice to the VIP guests, and try to be pretty. Hahaha...

Tapi tadi tengok mereka kelam kabut part susunan pelajar yang akan naik ke pentas. So as usual, I took charge of the situation. To the chagrin of the people who had been doing the job since last week. I don't care what they think of me anymore. I know they think I am evil no matter what I do. Besides, I don't want them to be kelam-kabut tomorrow morning when the ceremony is in progress. Even before this pun, the boss puts me in charge of putting order in chaos. Korang tak suka tak apa, yang pentingnya, I am good at that, so it doesn't really matter if you like it or not, I am just gonna give you guys a hand anyway.

And I also gave pointers to the performing teams too. I am afraid that their being tardy (as per custom here) that they would ruin the flow of the program. They assured me that they will do their best not to screw up. Fine with me. I like tegur something BEFORE it became shit and too late to rectify. I hope they will do good because they were good petang tadi.

Tadi Bella called and told me that she is being kidnapped by two of her friends for a nice dinner at KLCC. She is one lucky girl. I may sound like I envy her, but then if you can remember, I don't celebrate my birthdays. Consequently, I hardly remember other people's birthdays too. Rendering thoughtless. Memang thoughtless la to most people's standards. Well, it's just not a big tradition when I grew up, and it is sad that people in my life feel like they are unimportant to me when I don't remember their birthdays. But that's just the way it is. The way I am. Maybe it is a bad tradition to you, but I don't think I care that much to want to make that change.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I am not against celebrating birthdays. Far be it. I just don't need to be reminded that I am a year older and therefor will have to learn to act my age when I really, really do not know HOW to act my age. All I know is that age does slow me down and that is a good thing because I don't think I wanna act like a 16 year old giggly girl who fidgets non-stop when I am at this age.

Anyway, Bellas asked me what did I have for dinner. I said;

Bubur.

She said, "Are you sick or something?"
"Oh, no, no.... I just feel the urge for bubur nasi, that's all. Mengidam."

Somehow, that managed to leave Bella a little stumped.

I guess living in KL where there is scrumptious morsels of food everywhere you turn, bubur nasi would be the last thing in anyone's mind for the perfect dinner. Oh come on, it is not a perfect dinner. But then that was what I felt the urge for and I had gone out of my way to look for all the condiments that I loved to take with the bubur nasi.

Black beans, pickled lettuce, telur masin, century eggs even, daun bawang (ya amat la susahnya nak dapat di Lawas ni, tapi lucky me, hari ni Thursday, my friend yang jual sayur at the market tu memang pergi Kundasang ambil sayur on Thursdays, so untuk my open house Sabtu ni, I borong RM6. I said borong, sebab aku pun terkejut RM6 tu rupanya dapat banyak sangat. Kaget aku!) bawang goreng, and tiny slivers of ginger, and a dash of sesame oil. I guesss just a healthy conscious chinese person would see that as something sedap. I don't know. tapi kalau dah mengidam, ada orang boleh makan sabun mandi, apa?

And bubur nasi malam ni sangat sedap to me. Jangan risau, Bella. I don't eat bubur nasi every night of my life here. Promise! In fact, dah lebih setahun semenjak the last time I had this bubur attack. Maybe sebab I had some bubur nasi at the hotel where I stayed last time I was in Miri kut?

Balik rumah, I just masak secawan beras dengan air, and started chopping the daun bawang, the century eggs, rebus telur, hiris halia and tak sabar-sabar menunggu buburnya siap. Hahahaha...

Burphrhrhrhrhrh.... excuse me for being so pleasantly filled.

2 comments:

Belladonna said...

Nok, jangan lah ko rasa camtu. Tak kisah sapa call dulu nok. Aku pun nak tanya khabar. Hihhi, aku betul2 aku ingat ko demam. Sebab aku ngan Kobau kalau demam kami makan bubur McD je sebab tak larat. Automatically plak aku assume ko kurang sihat.

Jangan marah naa..kang ko balik KL bleh kita makan bubur nasik..aku suka kalau makan ado sesame oil, bak choy, ikan bilis, telur masin (even kangkung tumis)..sedapppp!!!!!

Narcissca Ariadne Alvarez said...

Nok, aku tak terasa apa pun. Terasa makan bubur je. Muahahaha....

Seriously, aku takde rasa pe pe la... just wanted to tell you that I am fine, and terasa nak makan bubur je. Terus buat entry. Keh keh keh.